Clinical Nurse - RN, NICU, MBHW
Job ID: 99175 Date posted: November 06, 2019
- Sharp Mary Birch Hospital
- Night Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Nurse RN is an integral part of the team with the opportunity to practice evidence-based care and utilize the nursing care process in a collaborative environment. This position independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of holistic patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
The Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns (SMBHWN) is 84-beds -- the largest of its kind in Southern California. Technology and innovation are combined with the human touch to give at-risk babies the best start in life. With one of the largest very low birth weight populations in the U.S., the SMBHWN NICU is recognized for its outstanding neonatal outcomes among a database of over 200 hospitals. This NICU is a member of the Council of Women’s and Infants Specialty hospital and provides high quality of care, excellent customer service, and great work environment.
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
12-hour shift, 7:00 pm -7:30 am
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current NRP certification
- Current one year of RN experience in a Level III NICU
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's of Science Degree in Nursing
Physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Keywords: Clinical Nurse-RN, Registered Nurse, NICU
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole