Clinical Nurse - RN, SICU (2W), SMHJob ID 84701 Date posted 12/05/2017
- Facility: Sharp Memorial Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: SICU (2W)
- Category: RN Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Night Job
- FTE: 0.9
- Shift Start: 7 PM
- Shift End Time: 7:30 AM
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
- Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current ACLS certification
- One to Two years current acute care Medical/Surgical RN experience in an Acute Care setting
- Ability to demonstrate professional skills
- Departmental competencies skills necessary to be a practitioner, consultant, and mentor
- Must have good people skills
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing
- One to Two years current Telemetry or Progressive Care Department Clinical Nurse experience in an Acute Care setting
- Current PCCN certification
"Surgical Intensive Care Training Program"Sharp Memorial Hospital is offering registered nurses the opportunity to train in the critical care nursing. Program Start Date: March, 2018
The Clinical Nurse RN is an integral part of the team with the opportunity to practice evidence-based care and utilize the nursing care process in a collaborative environment. This position independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
The Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU) at Sharp Memorial Hospital is an intense and fast moving 24-bed unit. Our primary patient populations are cardiac surgical, major trauma and complex general surgical. We also provide care for a number of patients with a variety of different mechanical assist devices. We pride ourselves in being the best place to work, for patients to receive care and for physicians to bring their patients. The SICU achieved “Gold Beacon” status which is a designation conferred by the AACN to ICUs demonstrating clinical excellence. If you desire an atmosphere of continual learning that is challenging and stimulating, this is the place for you!
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multiorgan transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.