Clinical Nurse - RN, Women's Surgery, MBHW
Job ID: 99166 Date posted: November 05, 2019
- Sharp Mary Birch Hospital
- Women's Surgery
- Day Job
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
The Clinical Nurse RN is an integral part of the team with the opportunity to practice evidence-based care and utilize the nursing care process in a collaborative environment. This position independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care of patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, according to unit’s standard of care. We are looking for qualified nurses to share our vision of holistic patient care that continually moves toward excellence in all patient and staff outcomes.
The Women’s Surgery with its 9 Surgery Suites, at Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns (SMBWN) provides a full range of medical and surgical services for women of all ages. SMBWN affiliated physicians perform both advanced hysteroscopy and laparoscopy as minimally invasive procedures in an environment specifically tailored to the care and comfort of women. More minimally invasive gynecologic procedures have been performed at SMBWN than any other hospital in San Diego, including more than 700 robotic-assisted surgeries.
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
10-hour shift, 6:30 am -5:00 pm including weekends
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associates of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current NRP certification
- Recent one (1) year of experience in circulating GYN and general surgical cases
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Recent one (1) year recent scrub skills
Medical, vision and dental
Generous time off
- Committed to excellence in all that we do
- Built to be supportive and educational — a place where employees can grow and thrive
- A positive, compassionate, friendly and team-oriented atmosphere
- Thankful for the contributions and hard work of others, and praising their accomplishments
- Committed to creating a safe environment for those we serve
- Celebrate diversity, recognizing that our unique differences create a stronger whole