Clinical Nurse - RNSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 76810 Date posted 10/19/2016
Requisition ID: 76810
- Facility: Sharp Outpatient Pavilion
- City: San Diego
- Department: Surgery Service
- Category: RN Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in Serra Mesa.
Full-time, M-F variable 8-hour day shift
- Graduate of Accredited Nursing School
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current ACLS and BCLS certifications
- Must be able to float between departments based on unit demands
- Must be flexible to float to multiple areas within an 8 hour period
- Recent experience with Pre-op and PACU experience (Stage 1 and 2)
- Must be available to take call for PACU
As a multi-disciplinary team member, the RN will be responsible for maintaining patient safety and working collaboratively with the perioperative team to prepare and discharge surgical/procedural patients.
This RN position is for a fast paced high volume, multi-specialty Outpatient Surgery Center.
The Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion (OPP) is unique in San Diego. The OPP combines outpatient surgery and medical services, health screening, education, and health resource services in one convenient, integrated health center. The OPP provides a multi-disciplinary team approach to patient care to deliver comprehensive care. There are 11 state of the art Surgical Suites and 2 Interventional Pain suites. This is a fast paced, multi-specialty Outpatient Surgery Center performing surgery in the following areas: General, Orthopedics, ENT, Urology, Cosmetic, Ophthalmology and Interventional Pain.
Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion, located next to Sharp Memorial Hospital, offers a wide array of services including cancer treatment, laser vision correction, general and women’s imaging, outpatient surgery, endoscopy, diabetes education, and a community conference center and health library. At the heart of the Pavilion is the Cushman Wellness Center — providing comprehensive health evaluations tailored to an individual’s age and lifestyle, and integrative therapies to enhance physical, mental and spiritual health.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Pre-Op/PACU Registered Nurse