Clinical Psychologist - BH, Adult Outpatient Services, SMVH
Job ID: 98570 Date posted: October 09, 2019
- Sharp Mesa Vista
- Adult Outpatient Services
- Psychologist Jobs
- Day Job
Clinical Psychologist performs psychological/diagnostic assessment and evidence-based treatment for mood, anxiety, thought, neurocognitive, intellectual, and personality disorders and behavior problems. Provides empirically supported treatments. Demonstrates competence in group, individual, and family therapy is required. Serves as a consultant for the milieu program by assisting in the development, implementation of new programs as part of an interdisciplinary team. Develops and provides staff training to enhance clinical knowledge and skills as necessary. Provides specialized clinical training for psychology trainees, including supervision/mentorship as needed per APA, APPIC, and BOP guidelines. Demonstrates commitment to ongoing professional development.
Outpatient Services is an interdisciplinary team that provides care and treatment to adults with serious mental illness. The position requires the ability to perform a multitude of clinical duties, including patient education, case management, treatment planning and group therapy. Successful candidate must have a strong ability to develop positive working relationships with physicians, treatment team and other departments, to manage significant electronic documentation, and be responsive to the needs of the patients served.
Sharp Mesa Vista provides inpatient care and offer outpatient programs throughout the community. As the largest behavioral health care provider in San Diego with 149 beds, Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital provides a full range of programs to people of all ages including children, adolescents, adults and seniors challenged by depression, substance abuse or serious mental illness. The hospitals robust Clinical Research Program has conducted more than 250 clinical trials of investigational medications since its inception in 1963, providing new options and hope for people with mental illness.
Sharp Mesa Vista provides inpatient care and offers outpatient programs throughout the community.
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
8-hour day shift shift:8:00 am - 4:30 pm; no weekends
This is a Part Time (.8) Position: 64 hours per 2 week pay period
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Ph.D., PsyD., or Ed.D from an APA accredited doctoral program in psychology
- Current California Psychologist licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers issued by the American Heart Association
- Three or more years’ clinical experience
- Demonstrated competence in group, individual, and family therapy
- Highly effective interpersonal skills and oral and written presentation skills
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional-development
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in an intensive outpatient mental health setting
- Completion of an APA doctoral internship in clinical psychology
- Completion of a postdoctoral fellowship in a relevant specialty area such as severe mental illness, trauma, psychosocial rehabilitation, cognitive behavior therapy
- Expertise in CBT, DBT, ACT, group therapy and the Recovery Model
- Experience supervising/training psychology students/interns/fellows
- Leadership experience in program development/evaluation
Physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Clinical Psychologist, Adult Outpatient, PsyD, PhD, EdD, CBT Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Psychosocial, counseling, mental health, mental illness, Psychology, DBT, ACT
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”