Clinical Psychologist performs psychological/diagnostic assessment and evidence-based treatment for mood, anxiety, thought, neurocognitive, intellectual, and personality disorders and behavior problems. Provides empirically supported treatments. Demonstrates competence in group, individual, and family therapy is required. Serves as a consultant for the milieu program by assisting in the development, implementation of new programs as part of an interdisciplinary team. Develops and provides staff training to enhance clinical knowledge and skills as necessary. Provides specialized clinical training for psychology trainees, including supervision/mentorship as needed per APA, APPIC, and BOP guidelines. Demonstrates commitment to ongoing professional development.
Sharp Mesa Vista's Child and Adolescent treatment programs offer hope and professional expertise, and are carefully designed to offer treatment to young people and their families in crisis. We treat children and teens with depression, anxiety, substance use, bipolar disorder, self-harm and aggressive behaviors by engaging them in recovery-based, trauma-informed, evidence-based therapeutic services.
As the largest behavioral health care provider in San Diego with 149 beds, Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital provides a full range of programs to people of all ages including children, adolescents, adults and seniors challenged by depression, substance abuse or serious mental illness. The hospital’s robust Clinical Research Program has conducted more than 250 clinical trials of investigational medications since its inception in 1963, providing new options and hope for people with mental illness.
Sharp Mesa Vista provides inpatient care and offers outpatient programs throughout the community.
This position is for the Adolescent Partial Hospital program (APHP), located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
8-hour day shift: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm; no weekends
This is a Full Time (.9) Position: 72 hours per 2 week pay period
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Ph.D., PsyD. or Ed.D from an APA accredited doctoral program in psychology
- Current California Psychologist licensure
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers issued by the American Heart Association
- Three or more years’ clinical experience
- Demonstrated competence in group, individual, and family therapy
- Highly effective interpersonal skills and oral and written presentation skills
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional-development
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Completion of an APA doctoral internship in clinical psychology
- Completion of a postdoctoral fellowship in a relevant specialty area such as severe mental illness, chemical dependency, trauma, psychosocial rehabilitation, cognitive behavior therapy
- Experience providing evidence-based individual and group treatment as well as psychological assessment for adolescents with acute and severe mental illness
- Expertise in CBT, DBT, ACT, group therapy and the Recovery Model
- Experience supervising/training psychology students/interns/fellows
- Leadership experience in program development/evaluation
Physical requirements of positions may be discussed during interview
Sharp HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Clinical Psychologist, LCP, Psychology, Counseling, Therapy, Individual, Group, Outpatient, Child, Adolescent