The Clinical Psychologist performs psychological/diagnostic assessment and evidence-based treatment for mood, anxiety, thought, neurocognitive, intellectual, and personality disorders and behavior problems. Provides empirically supported treatments. Demonstrates competence in group, individual, and family therapy is required. Serves as a consultant for the milieu program by assisting in the development, implementation of new programs as part of an interdisciplinary team. Develops and provides staff training to enhance clinical knowledge and skills as necessary. Provides specialized clinical training for psychology trainees, including supervision/mentorship as needed per APA, APPIC, and BOP guidelines. Demonstrates commitment to ongoing professional development.
Adult Outpatient Services at the Mid City location is a highly intensive treatment program that treats both young adults in the Transitional Age Youth (TAY) program experiencing mood disorders, thought disorders and co-occurring mental health issues as well as adults managing more chronic symptoms of mental illness. Both programs offer a support therapeutic setting for patients experiencing significant disruption in daily living and takes a short term, group-oriented, modified cognitive-behavior approach. This position will be primarily responsible for treatment in the TAY program.
As the largest behavioral health care provider in San Diego with 149 beds, Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital provides a full range of programs to people of all ages including children, adolescents, adults and seniors challenged by depression, substance abuse or serious mental illness. The hospital’s robust Clinical Research Program has conducted more than 250 clinical trials of investigational medications since its inception in 1963, providing new options and hope for people with mental illness.
Sharp Mesa Vista provides inpatient care and offers outpatient programs throughout the community.
This position is located in Mid City, San Diego County
6-hour day shift: 11:30 am - 5:30 pm; no weekends
Ability to work 8:30 am - 2:30 pm based upon departmental needs
This is a Per Diem position
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Ph.D., PsyD., or Ed.D from an APA accredited doctoral program in psychology
- Current California Psychologist licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers issued by the American Heart Association
- Three or more years’ clinical experience
- Demonstrated competence in group, individual, and family therapy
- Highly effective interpersonal skills and oral and written presentation skills
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional-development
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with the TAY population
- Experience in an intensive outpatient mental health setting
- Experience facilitating group therapy
- Expertise in CBT, DBT, ACT, group therapy and the Recovery Model
- Experience supervising/training psychology students/interns/fellows
- Leadership experience in program development/evaluation
- Completion of an APA doctoral internship in clinical psychology
- Completion of a postdoctoral fellowship in a relevant specialty area such as severe mental illness, trauma, psychosocial rehabilitation, cognitive behavior therapy
Physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Clinical Psychologist, Adult Outpatient, PsyD, PhD, EdD, Psychosocial, counseling, mental health, mental illness, Psychology, TAY, Outpatient, Transitional Age Youth