The Per Diem Clinical Psychologist will work within an outpatient adult neuropsychological assessment service for a diverse community-based referral base. Experience in rehabilitation is not required. Assessment and interview with a wide variety of patients with traumatic and medically based neurologic deficits. Act as a member of the interdisciplinary rehab team. Consult with attending physicians, team, patients and families. Supervise students.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Person-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Day shift; Monday – Friday hours available
This is a Per Diem position
Required Skills and Qualifications
- PsyD or PhD from an accredited graduate program in clinical psychology
- Current California Licensed Clinical Psychologist (LCP)
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers issued by the American Heart Association
- Minimum of one year previous experience in a clinical psychology setting
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Applicants must meet APA Division 40 standards for training in clinical neuropsychology and be board certified or board-eligible for board-certification in clinical neuropsychology
- Prior rehabilitation exposure
- Skills in Neuropsych assessment with various populations and intervention with Neuro disorders
Physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Clinical Psychologist, LCP, Licensed, Psychology, PsyD, PhD, Neuro, Neuropsychological Assessments, Clinical Neuropsychology