Clinical Psychologist I - Per DiemJob ID 82043 Date posted 10/03/2017
- Facility: Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: Psychology
- Category: Psychologist Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
8-hour variable shifts: Will have the option of working various days, shifts and hours with the option of accepting or declining work as opportunities arise
This is a Per Diem, Float Position
Required Skills and Qualifications
- PsyD or PhD from an accredited graduate program in psychology
- Current California Psychologist licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers issued by the American Heart Association
- Minimum of one year recent experience providing evidence-based individual and group treatment as well as psychological assessment for individuals with acute and severe mental illness
- Good communication skills with a focus on quality patient care
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Completed APA accredited Internship in Psychology
- At least one year of experience training/supervising doctoral students/interns (pre or post licensure)
The Clinical Psychologist - Per Diem position evaluates plans, directs and administers psychology services. Assists patients in reaching their maximum performance and level of functioning. Participates in operational aspects of the department and works closely with the interdisciplinary treatment team.
The Psychology Department at Sharp Mesa Vista hospital plays a central role in inpatient and intensive outpatient programs serving a broad range of clinical populations. In addition to providing direct clinical service to patients, Psychologists are involving in program development and evaluation as well as staff training. Psychologists play an active role in interdisciplinary treatment teams. Psychologists also provide supervision and training for psychology practicum students, doctoral interns, and postdoctoral fellows. The department has been the home of an APA-accredited doctoral internship since 1998.
As the largest behavioral health care provider in San Diego with 158 beds, Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital provides a full range of programs to people of all ages including children, adolescents, adults and seniors challenged by depression, substance abuse or serious mental illness. The hospital’s robust Clinical Research Program has conducted more than 300 clinical trials of investigational medications since its inception in 1995, providing new options and hope for people with mental illness.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include:
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Push/Pull up to 10pounds
- Carry up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Psychologist, PhD, PsyD, clinical, psychology, counseling, APA accredited, behavioral health, licensed, assessments