Clinical Psychologist ISend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 76225 Date posted 09/23/2016
Requisition ID: 76225
- Facility: Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: Outpt Child/Adolescent/Changes
- Category: Psychologist Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 4:30 PM
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
8-hour day shift 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, no weekends
This is a Full-Time (1.0) Position: 80 hours per 2 week pay period
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Doctoral degree in psychology
- Current California Psychologist licensure
- Two years current experience providing evidence-based individual and group treatment as well as psychological assessment for adolescents with acute and severe mental illness
- Good communication skills with a focus on quality patient care
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Completed APA accredited doctoral program in psychology
- Completed APA accredited internship in psychology
- Minimum one year of experience training/supervising doctoral students/interns (pre or post licensure)
The Clinical Psychologist I position evaluates, plans, directs and administers psychology services. Assists patients in reaching their maximum performance and level of functioning. Participates in operational aspects of the department and works closely with the interdisciplinary treatment team.
Sharp Mesa Vista's Child and Adolescent Treatment Programs offer hope and professional expertise, and are carefully designed to offer treatment to young people and their families in crisis. We treat children and teens with depression, anxiety, substance use, bipolar disorder, self-harm and aggressive behaviors by engaging them in recovery-based, trauma-informed, evidence-based therapeutic services.
As the largest behavioral health care provider in San Diego with 149 beds, Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital provides a full range of programs to people of all ages including children, adolescents, adults and seniors challenged by depression, substance abuse or serious mental illness. The hospital’s robust Clinical Research Program has conducted more than 250 clinical trials of investigational medications since its inception in 1963, providing new options and hope for people with mental illness.
Sharp Mesa Vista provides inpatient care and offers outpatient programs throughout the community.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Push/Pull up to 10pounds
- Carry up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Clinical Psychologist, Child, Adolescent