Clinical Research Specialist - RNSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 77482 Date posted 11/29/2016
Requisition ID: 77482
- Facility: Sharp Mary Birch Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: Research Projects & Admin
- Category: Specialty Nurse Jobs
- Job Status: Part-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 0.8
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in Serra Mesa, CA (San Diego County)
8-hour day shift although may require hours on other shifts as research study dictates; weekends as needed
Part-time 0.8 FTE (64 hours per pay period)
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- BSN degree
- Current BLS certification
- Prior clinical research experience
- Demonstrates expertise and good clinical practice techniques
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to utilize advanced clinical research methodology and data analysis techniques
- Demonstrates excellent documentation skills
- Demonstrates a friendly, positive and caring approach towards clients served
- Displays advanced clinical skills relevant to assigned research
- Demonstrates good decision making abilities and
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use appropriate medical terminology
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s degree in health related field
- Certified Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC-ACRP)
- Three years relevant clinical experience as RN
The Clinical Research Specialist RN organizes, coordinates and facilitates research practice utilizing a multidisciplinary approach. The Clinical Research Specialist promotes application of safe and appropriate research according to State and Federal research regulations. Responsibilities include abstracting medical record information, supervising data abstraction to provide for retrospective analysis for specified research projects and facilitating the success of research projects. The Clinical Research Specialist will submit progress reports to designated individuals related to research projects. He/she will provide direct and indirect research services to patients’ and families. The role also includes serving as a mentor and resource to those participating in research at the facility.
This Clinical Research Specialist RN position is part of the Research Projects and Administration department of Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns (SMBHWN). The Research Projects department shares in the responsibility for successful completion of clinical research studies at Sharp Mary Birth Hospital for Women & Newborns which has an 84 bed Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) the largest of its kind in Southern California. Technology and innovation are combined with the human touch to give at-risk babies the best start in life. With one of the largest very low birth weight populations in the U.S., the SMBHWN NICU is recognized for its outstanding neonatal outcomes among a database of over 200 hospitals. This NICU is a member of the Council of Women’s and Infants Specialty hospital and provides high quality of care, excellent customer service, and great work environment.
As San Diego’s only hospital dedicated to exclusively to women, Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns offers a full range of health care services for women at all stages of life – from pregnancy to menopause to healthy aging. More babies enter the world at Sharp Mary Birch than any other hospital in California – about 9,500 each year. Sharp Mary Birch has been recognized as a Magnet® hospital for nursing and patient care excellence, is a certified Baby Friendly birth facility, and its Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit is recognized among the best in the world.
Physical requirements of this position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: 77482, Clinical Research Specialist, RN, Nursing, Specialty nursing, NICU, CCRC, Research, San Diego Nursing Jobs