Clinical RN - Emergency Dept - Sharp Memorial Hospital - Night - FT - Eligible for up to $10k in New Hire Incentives
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
At Sharp, being a nurse means transforming the health care experience for your patients, for your colleagues and for yourself. In a collaborative environment with state-of-the-art facilities and advanced clinical practices, we encourage you to follow your passions wherever they take you.
As a recognized leader in nursing excellence with Magnet® recognitions for high-quality, patient-centered care, we invite you to join us in providing health care the way it should be. We offer a wide variety of nursing positions — from RNs and clinical nurse leads to case managers and clinical nurse specialists.
Wondering what qualities it takes to be a successful nursing professional at Sharp? View some of the traits we’re looking for below.
- Critical Thinker
Shift Start Time:
Shift End Time:
Additional Shift Information:
Hourly Pay Range (Minimum - Midpoint - Maximum):$54.400 - $67.470 - $80.540
The stated pay scale reflects the range as defined by the collective bargaining agreement between Sharp HealthCare and Sharp Professional Nurses Network, United Nurses Associations of California/Union of Health Care Professionals, NUHHCE, AFSME, AFL-CIO. Placement within the range is based on years of RN experience.
$5000 Sign-On Bonus
$5000 Relocation Bonus
$2500 Employee Referral Bonus
Bonus Eligibility Requirements
The following are not eligible for hiring incentives:
- Current Sharp employees
- Rehires/Reinstates that are rejoining the organization less than 12 months from last date of employment with Sharp Healthcare
To remain eligible for your sign on incentive the following criteria must be met:
- Must remain in original hired FTE status and shift (if specified in offer letter)
- Must remain in original department/specialty.
- Must remain in original Job Title
- Transfers to a non-bonus eligible department or position may result in forfeiting remaining incentive bonus.
Employee Referral Incentive Eligibility:
- Referral must list the name of the Sharp employee that referred them on the job application.
- External referrals only
- If referring a former Sharp employee – must be more than 12 months since last date of employment with Sharp Healthcare at the time of referral.
What You Will Do
To provide direct and indirect nursing services to patients and families.
Full-time; 12-hour shift; night shift; 7:00 PM - 7:30 AM; including every other weekend
- Graduate of nursing school
- 1 year recent ED clinical nurse experience
- California Registered Nurse (RN) - CA Board of Registered Nursing
- AHA Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professional (AHA BLS Healthcare) - American Heart Association
- ACLS Certification (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) - American Heart Association
- NIH Stroke Scale (NIHSS) - Various-Employee provides certificate
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) - American Heart Association
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Independently performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of safe, therapeutic, efficient care for patients with overt and subtle needs throughout the continuum of care, and according to unit's standards of care. Performs safe nursing care for patients in more complex situations with some assistance and supervision. Demonstrates competency in all areas of the unit skills and some advanced skills. May teach some skills competencies. Coordinates patient care administered by other members of the care team. May assume the responsibility of relief charge nurse and may assist with preceptorship/professional development of new nurses and students. Uses common equipment and medications safely in the practice setting and consults others when unfamiliar. Recognizes inconsistencies in patient care and manages potential complications. Demonstrates consistent organization and prioritization of workload; confident management of emergency situations. Participates in quality improvement initiatives. Complies with all regulatory and accreditation standards. Demonstrates professional behavior through participation in unit activities and committees as appropriate. Delegates/assigns and communicates expectations for care delivery processes to each member of the team. Teaches skills as necessary. Coordinates patient care administered by other members of the nursing staff. Utilizes a variety of teaching/coaching strategies to assist family through disease process/experience. Promotes clinical effectiveness, efficient use of resources, and quality care in practice setting. Transfers knowledge and mentors others to improve clinical practice. Demonstrates complex problem solving and the use of critical thinking skills.
Sharp Memorial Emergency Department is the best place for emergency trained nurses and physicians to work.Opened in 1955 Sharp Memorial Hospital is Sharp Healthcare’s largest hospital and the system’s only designated Level II trauma center.The ED has 62 beds with 4 designated Trauma resuscitation bays.The ER provides advanced emergency care to nearly 100,000 patients a year, which is about 270 each day.
We are recognized for resuscitative excellence and our team pioneered Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) in the ED and was the first hospital in the world to have formal nurse led codes.The ED Physicians are all Board Certified by the American College. The relationship between them and our staff is a #1 satisfier and leads to increased retention. Nurses are respected in their role and an appreciated for what each individual brings to the team.
Our patient to nurse ratio is one of the best in the world and therefore our nurses are able to provide the very best quality emergency care. Nursing assignments are 3:1 but with the addition of a Pod Leader, the ratio is even better! This pod leader is a nurse who is assigned to one of 6 pods whose role is to assist with patient care and is a resource to the other nurses.Our ‘pods’ are optimally staffed with 3 patient care RNs, 1 pod lead RN, 1 unit clerk, 1 Health Care Partner, and 1 MD.
One of the recognized best practices we employ daily is ‘pod huddles’.Our physicians, who sit beside the team in the pod, regularly huddle several times each shift to assure continuity and quality.In addition, opportunities for educational moments are brought forward in these huddles. They may be related to a patient the team is caring for in the pod or a new advancement in Emergency Medicine.
Our hospital is Magnet designated, which recognizes that our nurses, physicians and staff are engaged frontline teams who create an environment where only the best care is provided.This ED has been acknowledged with the prestigious Lantern award by the Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) and is the only ED in California to receive this award 3 consecutive times.
For over a decade Sharp Memorial ED staff have ranked our ED in the top decile nationally for staff engagement and satisfaction.We consistently receive 90th percentile or higher rankings in the National Culture of Safety Survey in the categories of Teamwork, Leadership Support, and Open Communication.Our patients notice the quality and compassion of the care our team provides as evidenced by our excellent Press Ganey patient satisfaction survey results.
If you believe our ED would be a good fit for you and want to be a part of this amazing team, we would love to meet you.
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability or any other protected class.
#referralPediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) - American Heart Association; California Registered Nurse (RN) - CA Board of Registered Nursing; AHA Basic Life Support for Healthcare Professional (AHA BLS Healthcare) - American Heart Association; ACLS Certification (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) - American Heart Association; NIH Stroke Scale (NIHSS) - Various-Employee provides certificate
Our Mission and Values
At Sharp, our mission is to improve the health of those we serve with a commitment to excellence in all that we do. We aim to offer quality care and services that set community standards, exceed patients’ expectations and are provided in a caring, convenient, cost-effective and accessible manner.
We have a vision to transform the health care experience through a culture of caring, quality, safety, service, innovation and excellence. Our goal is to be the best place to work, the best place to practice medicine and the best place to receive care.
Our team members are the driving force behind our mission and vision. At Sharp, we’re focused on providing an environment that will meet the needs of both our patients and our employees. Our team members are encouraged to connect with their passions and recommit to the purpose of their work each day.
dental and more
Our flexible benefits include a choice of two HMO medical plans (both of which include vision), two PPO dental choices, flexible spending accounts, accident insurance, long-term disability insurance and life insurance.
holiday and sick leave
We offer one of the most generous plans among health care systems in San Diego, and new Sharp employees start with 25 days of paid time off in just the first year.
We focus on your overall well-being by giving you tools to improve both yourself and your life — mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally and environmentally. Our focus is on balanced health and wellness to help you reach your health goals and enjoy life along the way.
At Sharp, we understand that personal problems occasionally arise and you may need to seek outside professional advice. We’re here to help. Our employee assistance program helps employees develop and maintain a lifestyle that supports good health and productivity.
We’re proud to offer two retirement plans to match your needs. The Sharp$aver 401(a) plan matches your after-tax contributions and the 403(b) plan offers a long-term savings plan for pre-tax and Roth contributions with available loan and withdrawal provisions.
and tuition reimbursement
We support and encourage the growth and development of our employees through educational courses for credit in institutions of higher learning, continuing education programs (conferences, workshops, seminars) and specialty certification examinations.
perks and other benefits
Our employees are eligible to participate in several group voluntary benefit plans — including group legal, college savings, critical illness insurance, group auto and home insurance and pet insurance.
We are Sharp
Want to know when new jobs are posted? Sign up for job alerts.
Set your parameters to automatically receive alerts when we post new jobs that fit your skills, interests and experience.
Stay connected and join the career interest community
Want to stay informed about career opportunities and life at Sharp? Join our career interest community and receive information that matters to you.Join the community