Job ID: 99714 Date posted: December 10, 2019
- SRS Administration
- Coding & Charge Management
- Business Operations Jobs
- Day Job
Work with a fast growing company who has implemented the latest technology for charge entry and coding. Sharp Rees-Stealy is one of the Medical Groups associated with SHARP the largest private employer in San Diego with over 14,000 employees.
Coding and Charge Management department is responsible for submitting all charges related to the services rendered by the Sharp Rees-Stealy providers.
Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
This position is located in San Diego County (Copley).
Full Time - Day Shift
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Current CPC certified is required. Please include your CPC certification on your application.
- Two years recent professional coding employment experience
- Able to abstract code from medical records, reports and related patient documentation
- Thorough understanding of Medicare, Medi-Cal and general insurance guidelines, documentation regulations and medical terminology
- Excellent knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”