CoderSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 77089 Date posted 11/08/2016
Requisition ID: 77089
- Facility: SRS Administration
- City: San Diego
- Department: Coding & Charge Management
- Category: Business Operations Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 7 AM
- Shift End Time: 3:30 PM
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County.
8 hour day shift: 7am - 3:30pm, No weekends
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current CPC certified (AHIMA OR AAPC) for a minimum of two years
- Two years recent coding employment experience
- Able to abstract code from medical records, reports and related patient documentation
- Thorough understanding of Medicare, Medi-Cal and general insurance guidelines, documentation regulations and medical terminology
- Excellent knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to communicate effectively with management and physicians both written and verbal
Work with a fast growing company who has implemented the latest technology for charge entry and coding. Sharp Rees-Stealy is one of the Medical Groups associated with SHARP the largest private employer in San Diego with over 14,000 employees.
Coding and Charge Management department is responsible for submitting all charges related to the services rendered by the Sharp Rees-Stealy providers.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.