CoderJob ID 84668 Date posted 12/11/2017
- Facility: SRS Administration
- City: San Diego
- Department: Coding & Charge Management
- Category: Business Operations Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 7 AM
- Shift End Time: 3:30 PM
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County.
Full Time, Day shift
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- AAPC CPC certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working as a certified Coder
- Able to abstract code from medical records, reports and related patient documentation
- Thorough understanding of Medicare, Medi-Cal and general insurance guidelines, documentation regulations and medical terminology
- Excellent knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to communicate effectively with management and physicians both written and verbal
Work with a fast growing company who has implemented the latest technology for charge entry and coding. Sharp Rees-Stealy is one of the Medical Groups associated with SHARP the largest private employer in San Diego with over 14,000 employees.
Coding and Charge Management department is responsible for submitting all charges related to the services rendered by the Sharp Rees-Stealy providers.
With 400 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 20 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has also opened two remarkable state-of-the-art medical office buildings. One located in Downtown San Diego and the other in Sorrento Mesa. Both will provide their communities with leading edge care for decades to come.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.Keywords: Coder