Collector, Revenue Cycle Consumer CenterJob ID 84287 Date posted 11/09/2017
- Facility: Sharp HealthCare
- City: San Diego
- Department: Revenue Cycle Consumer Center
- Category: Business Operations Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County
Per diem; 8-hours variable:
Work every Saturday from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- General knowledge of office procedures and ability to utilize resource materials in an organized manner.
- Ability to discuss personal and financial matters with patients and/or their representatives regarding credit, law, and collection policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with regulations governing collection proceedings and the release of confidential information.
- Previous experience with on-line computerized accounts receivable systems, including IDX.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Minimum 2 years experience in all areas of medical billing and collections with demonstrated above standard performance.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
The Collector will collect private pay receivables from point of payment or to assignment to bad debt, via initiating and responding to patient inquiries.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
Physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.