Compliance AuditorJob ID 82554 Date posted 10/03/2017
- Facility: SRS Administration
- City: San Diego
- Department: Regulatory Compliance
- Category: Business Operations Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County.
8 hour day shift, M-F, Day Shift
Required Skills and Qualifications
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder) or CCS-P (Certified Coder Specialist-Professional)
- Minimum of two (2) years of college or five (5) years working experience in a healthcare environment related to auditing of medical records and CMS compliance.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience auditing coding and medical record documentation in an ambulatory care setting.
- Excellent working knowledge of CPT, ICD-10 and HCPCS codes is required.
- Thorough understanding of Medicare, and insurance documentation, compliance and coding requirements.
- Expert knowledge of MS Office which includes Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience developing training materials and presenting to a large group of professionals.
- Ability to educate and train all levels of clinical and professional staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills verbal and written, with the ability to communicate to all levels of staff within the organization.
- Ability to produce high quality work/reports with minimal error rate.
- Professional approach to work including ability to exercise mature judgment and maintain confidentiality in all activities.
The Compliance Auditor position will identify and report coding and documentation practices and make recommendations which assure the accurate reporting and
documentation of services provided by entity clinical providers. This position will support and facilitate the implementation of correct coding standards by clinical providers as established by SHC Corporate Compliance in accordance to the CMS and local MAC (Medicare Administrative Contractor) requirements.
The Regulatory Compliance department works hand and hand with SRS's Coding and Charge Management Department to manage and educate physicians, nurse practitioners, physicians assistants and clinical support staff on accurate coding for all Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Centers.
With 450 primary and specialty care physicians providing care at 21 facilities throughout the region, Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, and is recognized for excellence in patient satisfaction and clinical care. For patient convenience and improved coordination of care, Sharp Rees-Stealy offers services like laboratory, radiology, physical therapy and urgent care within each clinic or nearby.
Sharp Rees-Stealy has also opened two remarkable state-of-the-art medical office buildings. One located in Downtown San Diego and the other in Sorrento Mesa. Both will provide their communities with leading edge care for decades to come.
Additional Physical Requirements may be discussed during the interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Compliance Auditor, ICD-10, CPC, CCS-P, Sharp Jobs, San Diego Jobs, HealthCare Jobs, Coding Jobs, Medical Jobs, Medical Records, Auditing Jobs