Concierge/ReceptionistJob ID 83390 Date posted 10/03/2017
- Facility: Sharp Memorial Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: Guest Services
- Category: Clerical Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Per Diem, variable hours, weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Two (2 years) of experience in a customer service position
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills to carry out the responsibilities of this position
- Ability to relate to persons of all ages and diverse backgrounds, skills and abilities
- Effective interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills in both oral and written
- Ability to work collaboratively within a collegial department and multidisciplinary setting
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
College degree in health care field
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Experience in an acute health care setting
The Concierge/Reception is responsible for serving as a liaison between patients, guests, staff, volunteers and physicians with the objective of enhancing the experience for those visiting Sharp Memorial Hospital and the Sharp Metropolitan Campus. This position proactively participates with departments to improve patient satisfaction through patient-centered initiatives, obtains resolution of concerns presented by the guests, and assists guests with wayfinding and appropriate resources during their visit. The Concierge proactively identifies opportunities to improve the experience of patients, guests, staff, physicians and volunteers.
The Guest Services department provides assistance to all patients, guests, staff, physicians and volunteers. They serve as the first contact of the hospital and support the patient centered care approach.
Sharp Memorial Hospital, the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms, is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.