This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County.
Variable shift, weekend as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two years' experience in a customer service position, preferably in an acute health care setting
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills to carry out the responsibilities of this position
- Ability to relate to persons of all ages and diverse backgrounds, skills and abilities
- Effective interpersonal skills, excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Work collaboratively within a collegial department and multidisciplinary setting
- Provide excellent customer service by utilizing AIDET (Acknowledges, Introduces, Duration, Explanation, Thanks)
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining a smooth work flow and maintaining a professional demeanor at all times
- Greet and direct guests in a clear manner utilizing department procedures
- Critical thinking and triage skills
- Ability to adhere to Sharp HealthCare’s 12 Behavior Standards
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- College degree in health care field
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
The Concierge/Reception is responsible for serving as a liaison between patients, guests, staff, volunteers and physicians with the objective of enhancing the experience for those visiting Sharp Memorial Hospital. Proactively participates with departments to improve patient satisfaction through patient-centered initiatives. Proactively obtains resolution of concerns presented by the guests. Proactively assists guests with way finding and appropriate resources during their visit. Proactively identifies opportunities to improve the experience of patients, guests, staff, physicians and volunteers. Maintain confidential information.
The Guest Services department provides assistance to all patients, guests, staff, physicians and volunteers. They serve as the first contact of the hospital and support the Recovery Model in a patient centered care approach.
As the largest behavioral health care provider in San Diego with 149 beds, Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital provides a full range of programs to people of all ages including children, adolescents, adults and seniors challenged by depression, substance abuse or serious mental illness. The hospital’s robust Clinical Research Program has conducted more than 250 clinical trials of investigational medications since its inception in 1963, providing new options and hope for people with mental illness.
Sharp Mesa Vista provides inpatient care and offer outpatient programs throughout the community.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.