Concierge/ReceptionistJob ID 85246 Date posted 01/08/2018
- Facility: Sharp Mary Birch Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: Guest Services
- Category: Clerical Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Variable shifts to include both day and evenings hours. Concierge desk hours are: 5:00 am - 10:00 pm weekdays and 8:30 am - 5:00 pm weekends
This is a Per Diem position
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Three to five years’ recent experience in a high contact customer service position or equivalent setting with demonstrated above standard performance
- Ability to deal with people of varying personalities and temperaments
- Experience in dealing with multiple demands and tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge of customer service strategies and tactics
- Ability to present to small groups formally and informally
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Good time management skills, the ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to supervise others and establish priorities
- Ability to take initiative to resolve immediate problems by accessing resources and implementing actions Ability to accurately direct individuals on where they need to go
- Ability to work with a computer and input data including Windows based programs and Outlook Knowledge of Sharp HealthCare, San Diego and the community
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Experience in healthcare, hotel, high end restaurant, high end department or specialty store or comparable customer service related job
The Concierge/Reception role is committed to providing superior customer service greeting patients, visitors and staff as they enter Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns and the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Along with greetings, this individual will tend to the needs and requests of our guests as well as perform duties that include, but are not limited to: way finding, securing shuttle rides, escorting, assist in supervising volunteers, training new staff, maintaining service recovery tools, keep team motivation high, maintain the integrity of the lobby and other duties as assigned.
The reception desk consists of seven (7) staff members and has grown to also oversee the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit front desk in addition to the main desk in the front lobby of Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns. It is a fast-paced environment requiring the ability to deal with multiple demands and tasks simultaneously.
As San Diego’s only hospital dedicated to exclusively to women, Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns offers a full range of health care services for women at all stages of life – from pregnancy to menopause to healthy aging. More babies enter the world at Sharp Mary Birch than any other hospital in California – about 9,500 each year. Sharp Mary Birch has been recognized as a Magnet® hospital for nursing and patient care excellence, is a certified Baby Friendly birth facility, and its Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit is recognized among the best in the world.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Concierge, Reception, Customer Service, Bilingual, Spanish, Healthcare,