Job ID: 95041 Date posted: April 12, 2019
- Sharp HealthCare
- Business Operations Jobs
- Day Job
This position reports to the Vice President of Managed Care Finance and Contracting. This role will manage specific Non Government contracts and coordinate negotiations to maximize overall contract reimbursement for both Institutional Care and Community Care Division entities, while communicating contractual terms to ensure smooth administration. Participate in system wide strategy and support through contract analysis, consultation in new program development, and participate in the development and management of designated affiliated medical group relations and incentive programs. Assist in project coordination with system support departments - Marketing, Business Development, Claims, Utilization Management and Managed Care Finance. Responsible for operational support system to respond to contract informational needs and monitor facility and physician issues regarding contracting priorities. Provide operational support to internal and external customers.
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or similar equivalent health care experience is required.
Must have at least four (4) years of experience in healthcare at a position in contracting.
Excellent skills in verbal and written communication
- Excellent knowledge of Managed Care, Healthcare Finance, Managed Care Contracts, and Claims/Patient Finance Accounting.
- Experience in PC computer utilization for word processing and Excel spreadsheet analysis.
- The ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with Payor and Provider Representatives is critical and prior experience is required.
- Demonstrated analytical ability in a health related or contract negotiation environment.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Master's degree
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”