Job ID: 97927 Date posted: September 10, 2019
- Sharp Mesa Vista
- Nutrition Services
- Clerical Jobs
- Day Job
- Per Diem
Responsibilities include preparing and cooking hot and cold foods, cooking within HACCP regulations, understanding and following recipes accurately, able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
Location: This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County, at Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital
Hours: Per diem - various 8 hour day shifts with weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
· Minimum of one year professional cooking experience.
· Cooking/culinary training
· Possesses the ability to perform basic math computations.
· Can read, write, and speak English. Possesses the ability to communicate with fellow employees, supervisor and the public.
· High School graduate or equivalent.
- Experience in Hospital Food Service
- ServSafe Certification
Essential physical requirements may be discussed at interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”