CookJob ID 85933 Date posted 02/05/2018
- Facility: Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: Nutrition Services
- Category: Clerical Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
Location: This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County, at Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital
Hours: Per diem position - variable 8 hour shifts with weekends as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications
· Minimum of one year cooking experience.
· Cooking/culinary training
· Possesses the ability to perform basic math computations.
· Can read, write, and speak English. Possesses the ability to communicate with fellow employees, supervisor and the public.
· High School graduate or equivalent.
- Experience in Hospital Food Service
- ServSafe Certification
Responsibilities include preparing and cooking hot and cold foods, cooking within HACCP regulations, understanding and following recipes accurately, able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
Prolonged standing and walking; ability to bend, squat and do repetitive motions; ability to push - pull large food carts, lift and carry 35 lbs. frequently.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.