Customer Service RepresentativeJob ID 84117 Date posted 11/02/2017
- Facility: Sharp HealthCare
- City: San Diego
- Department: Revenue Cycle Consumer Center
- Category: Clerical Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: 9 AM
- Shift End Time: 5:30 PM
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County
Per diem; 9am to 5:30pm
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Three years’ progressive experience with medical billing, patient accounting department, member services, or claims processing department
- Three years’ current customer service
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, procedure and diagnosis codes, CPT codes and HCPCS codes
- Working knowledge of PC functionality
- Ability to type 45 wpm
- Knowledge of basic math skills
- Previous call center environment experience
- Previous use of an Automated Call Distribution (ACD) system in a call center environment
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Working knowledge of technical or professional medical billing practices including understanding of contract language
- Clear understanding of Fair Debt and Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
The Customer Service Representative – Patient Financial Services will receive and resolve incoming calls for the division of Community Care in a manner reflecting the Mission, Values, and Philosophy of Sharp HealthCare. This position will assist other Patient Financial Service personnel and participate in special assignments as needed. This position will keep management updated regarding unique, extreme, or repetitive situations. This position will comply with all safety regulations, policies, and procedures as defined by Sharp HealthCare.
This position will be working in the Community Care Division (CCD) department. The Customer Service Representative position is responsible for responding to patients regarding medical billing questions, concerns, and inquiries promptly, courteously and professionally. Most issues require intervention including updating customers, as appropriate, on outcome until a resolution is found.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- SittingLifting up to 10 pounds
- Push/Pull up to 10 pounds
- Carrying up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Customer Service Representative - PFS