The Consumer Information Specialist manages general information and service inquiry inbound calls from the community and Sharp HealthCare staff. Utilizes knowledge of Sharp HealthCare services to assist callers in gaining appropriate class, seminar, event, and registrations and referrals. Processes class registrations and related functions including assisting with rosters, letters, and program manager follow-up.
82-SHARP offers specially trained physician referral nurses and consumer information specialists to assist you in finding a Sharp class, event or affiliated physician. Sharp physician referral service allows you to receive detailed information on Sharp-affiliated physicians including: years of experience, education background, language(s) spoken and areas of interest. The Sharp consumer information services allow you to select from hundreds of Sharp classes and events. These programs include: injury prevention, health care provider CPR training, childbirth preparation and much more.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
This position will be located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego, CA.
Per Diem - Day Shift
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to handle between approximately 80-100 calls a day and respond in a fast-paced environment
- Laboratory or medical office experience
- Experience with handling money transactions, using a web-based program for data entry, and using MS Word and Excel for business documents
- Ability to relate quickly and confidentially to callers
- Computer knowledge and typing skills
- Experience serving customers in a service-oriented environment
- Ability to multi-task between phone calls, data entry, and class maintenance work when necessary
- Ability to think and act independently with excellent customer service judgments and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to communicate well verbally, using appropriate grammar and professional conversation skills
- Ability to receive and implement constructive feedback
- Should be able to sit and talk for extended periods of time
- Previous role where multi-tasking was an essential skill for the position