This position is located in Kearny Mesa, area of San Diego CA.
8-hour shift, evenings, weekends and on-call as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Five years’ experience in database management including relevant software, operating, and database systems with a proven ability to exercise discretion independent judgment
- Must have extensive in-depth knowledge of one of the following three database technologies: Oracle, MS SQL Server, InterSystems Cache, MySQL, MongoDB, Hadoop
- Experienced MS SQL Server and Oracle Database Administrator
- Knowledgeable of MS Windows, VMS, Unix/Linux as it relates to database configuration and tuning
- Ability to collaborate with other DBA’s, technical teams, analysts, development staff and vendors to ensure successful implementations and on-going support of the database applications
- Shares 24x7 on-call support with other DBA’s for multiple platforms and diverse databases in a dynamic healthcare environment
- Hard working individual compatible of working in a fast paced environment
- Team player with a high emphasis on customer service
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical concepts to others
- Strong problem solving skills, self-motivated, and willing to perform additional duties when requested
- Proven ability to exercise discretion independent judgment
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience designing and executing Big Data solutions
- VMS operating systems experience
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Business, or related field
Sharp HealthCare's Information Systems Department was rated “Best Hospital IT Department” in the large hospital category by HealthCare IT News and is nationally recognized within the health care industry. Sharp HealthCare’s IT department is consistently ranked in the top “100 Most Wired HealthCare Systems” by Hospitals and Health Networks Magazine and recently ranked in Computerworld's "Best Places to Work", Sharp HealthCare was ranked #1 in the Pacific region.
The Database Administrator II is responsible for the installation and configuration of database software and associated application tools related to DBMS administration, ensuring database versions are current and compatible with operating system and application certifications while utilizing best practices and discretion. They will collaborate with system administrators designing hardware configuration to ensure maximum performance and reliability, utilizing effective and creative db performance management techniques to ensure optimal system performance and space utilization.
Insures all databases are sufficiently secure to meet or exceed both application and organizational requirements by validating adequate backups are performed and authenticated to facilitate recovery within application service level agreements. Monitor database for integrity, identify database integrity issues and engage system programmers, application leads, and vendors to strategize and correct data integrity issues. Ensures validity of backups by performing regular recovery drills ensuring all databases arerecoverable.
The candidate should be a responsible self-motivated team player with strong time management skills willing to learn new technologies while mentoring others.
Sharp Healthcare’s Information Technology department is nationally recognized within the healthcare industry. We are a two billion dollar organization with over 16,000 employees. For over thirteen years, we have been ranked in the top 100 Most Wired Healthcare systems by Hospitals and Health networks magazine.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Database Administrator II, DBA, Oracle, MS Server, Cache, NoSQL, SAP HANA, HBase, db, healthcare, db tuning, tb, terabyte, platforms, backups, configuration, database, IT, IS, Information Technology, Information Systems, Sharp HealthCare, IT jobs, DBA jobs, Healthcare jobs, San Diego jobs.MongoDB