Decision Support AnalystJob ID 82995 Date posted 10/03/2017
- Facility: Sharp Memorial Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: Quality Assurance - SMH
- Category: Business Operations Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County.
8 hour shift – Day Shift. May need to modify schedule to cover department needs as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in an applicable field, such as Nursing, or Health Care Administration. Relevant experience in excess of three (3) years
- may be considered.
- Minimum of three (3) years of clinical experience in nursing or other healthcare related specialty with additional experience in data collection, analysis, quality assurance, or computer programming.
- Computer skills include intermediate to advanced knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and database programs.
- Must have skills in analysis, problem solving, and trouble-shooting.
- Ability to effectively work with Sharp management, staff, physicians, and others; to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; to achieve results for the organization with and through people; to practice good time management, and to demonstrate good leadership skills.
- Ability to organize and coordinate data analysis for clinical decision making, research, and program evaluation.
- Knowledge of healthcare environment; IS principles and practices; the impact of clinical data on the legal, ethical, managerial, and organizational principles and standards for acute general hospitals and integrated health systems; basic research methodology.
The Decision Support Analyst is an integral member of the Quality & Patient Safety team, responsible for expert analytical support and performance improvement & patient safety related data/project management. This department and role supports the Sharp Metropolitan Medical Campus (SMMC), including Sharp Memorial Hospital, Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborn, Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital. The position provides statistical analysis at the level required for clinical teams, physicians, and executive leadership. Generates on-going or ad-hoc reports and detailed analysis from a variety of data sources. Facilitates PI initiatives with meaningful data and reports. Assists and trains leadership and staff with understanding and using relevant indicator, data sources and collection, aggregation, analysis and reporting. Develops and disseminates professional reports to staff, clinicians, committees, physicians and executives.
The Quality Department is instrumental in driving Quality and Patient Safety. The department is made up of staff members consisting of a Director, Manager, Decision Support Analysts, Sr. Specialists, and Admin/Data Analyst with various skill sets from data mining, to conducting root cause analysis and being involved in process improvement. The clients served encompass all of Sharp Metropolitan Medical Campus which includes: Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns, Sharp Memorial Hospital, Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion, Sharp Mesa Vista, and Sharp McDonald Center.
Sharp Memorial Hospital- the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms- is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Physical Requirements may be discussed during the interview
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Quality Data Analyst, Data Analyst, Quality, Clerical, Quality Assessment, Data Entry, Data Abstraction, Sharp, Sharp HealthCare, Sharp Jobs, Quality Jobs, San Diego Jobs, Data Jobs, Analyst Jobs, Quality Jobs, Computer Jobs, Programmer Jobs, Programming Jobs, Data Collection Jobs