Development Officer - Pipeline/Sharp Memorial Hospital
Job ID: 97190 Date posted: August 14, 2019
- Sharp HealthCare
- Foundation Payroll
- Business Operations Jobs
- Day Job
Sharp HealthCare Foundation is a non-profit philanthropic organization raising and managing funds for Sharp Memorial Hospital as part of the Sharp HealthCare system. Sharp HealthCare is the largest health care system in San Diego with the highest market share, serving the largest percentage of its three million residents and employing more than any other private employer in the county.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multiorgan transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experiences.
- Minimum of three (3) years fund raising experience required.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to work independently and exercise sound judgement and initiative.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability and desire to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well under deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must show initiative and be a self-starter.
- Comfortable making calls to access donor interest.
- Computer proficiency; Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Health care fundraising experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel and with Raiser's Edge.
- Experience working with volunteers and/or board members.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”