Diabetes Specialist EducatorJob ID 85663 Date posted 01/24/2018
- Facility: Sharp HealthCare
- City: San Diego
- Department: Diabetes Services - GH/CV
- Category: Specialty Nurse Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 4:30 PM
This position is located in La Mesa, CA (San Diego County)
8-hour day shift 8:00 am - 4:30 pm; no weekends
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current, unencumbered California RN license
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Provider
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
- Ability to serve as a clinical expert, educator and consultant in area of diabetes
- Effective interpersonal skills: oral, written and presentations
- Basic computer skills (Word, Outlook, etc.)
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- BSN degree
- 2-3 years recent experience as RN working in an inpatient/acute care setting
- 2-3 years’ experience with individual and group education
- Leadership skills
- Ability to demonstrate complex problem solving and the use of critical thinking skills
The Diabetes Specialist Educator position is with the Diabetes Services department at Sharp Grossmont Hospital. The Diabetes Specialist educator applies clinical expertise in evidence-based nursing practice within the diabetes specialty area and functions in the following roles: clinical expert, educator and consultant.
The Diabetes Service Line at Sharp HealthCare employs Registered Nurses and Registered Dieticians. The Service Line provides inpatient and outpatient diabetes education and Diabetes Disease Management at various sites throughout San Diego County. The location for this position is Grossmont Hospital.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is the largest not-for-profit, full-service acute care hospital in the region with 500+ beds. The hospital has outstanding programs in heart care, orthopedics, rehabilitation, robotic surgery, mental health, stroke care and women’s health. In addition, the hospital’s Emergency and Critical Care Center is one of the most technologically advanced emergency and intensive care facilities in the nation.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is nationally recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for patient care and nursing practices. This designation is the “gold standard” for patient care and nursing excellence and is the highest honor awarded by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Essential Physical Requirements of the position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: 85663, Diabetes Specialist Educator Jobs, Nurse Educator Jobs, Nursing Educator Jobs, Leadership Jobs, Diabetes RN Jobs, CDE Nursing Jobs, RN Jobs, Nurse Jobs, Sharp Grossmont Hospital Jobs, San Diego Nursing Jobs