Diabetes Specialist EducatorJob ID 86030 Date posted 02/09/2018
- Facility: Sharp HealthCare
- City: San Diego
- Department: Diabetes Services - GH/CV
- Category: Dietitian Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: 8 AM
- Shift End Time: 4:30 PM
This position will be located in Chula Vista, San Diego County
8-hour day shift: 8:00am-4:30pm, weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Dietetics
- Registered Dietitian (RD) with the American Dietetic Association
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as a Clinical Dietitian
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) certification
- Basic Computer skills: Power Point, Excel, Outlook, Word, and EMR
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with individual and group education
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
The Diabetes Special Educator with the Diabetes Clinic is an excellent opportunity for a Registered Dietitian (RD). The selected candidate would be a member of a dynamic Interdisciplinary Diabetes Team composed of the Medical Director for Diabetes, the Director of the Diabetes Service Line, the Manager of the Diabetes Service Line, the Inpatient Diabetes Nurse Specialist, and a Clinical Pharmacist. The Diabetes Special Educator provides diabetes care and education to patients.
The Diabetes Service Line at Sharp Healthcare employs Registered Nurses and Registered Dietitians. The Service Line provides inpatient and outpatient diabetes education, and Diabetes Disease Management at various sites throughout San Diego County. The location for this position is Grossmont Hospital and Chula Vista Hospital.
Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion, located next to Sharp Memorial Hospital, offers a wide array of services including cancer treatment, laser vision correction, general and women’s imaging, outpatient surgery, endoscopy, diabetes education, and a community conference center and health library. At the heart of the Pavilion is the Cushman Wellness Center — providing comprehensive health evaluations tailored to an individual’s age and lifestyle, and integrative therapies to enhance physical, mental and spiritual health.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Diabetes Special Educator, Diabetes, Educator, Dietician, Dietitian, RD, RN, Dietary, CDE