The Dietitian will provide nutrition leadership and expertise in varied patient care settings within Sharp Health Care, the community and the department. Completes nutrition assessments, provides education to patients and their families as a member of the interdisciplinary patient care team.
The Eating Disorder Program at Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital offers a partial hospitalization program for adults with anorexia and bulimia. Treatment goals include eliminating bingeing and purging behaviors, treating physical complications, decreasing body-image distortion, increasing body acceptance and developing healthy coping techniques.
The eating disorder interdisciplinary treatment team includes specialists in psychiatry, internal medicine, psychology, nursing, recreation therapy and nutrition devoted to provide care and well-being for their patients.
As the largest behavioral health care provider in San Diego with 149 beds, Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital provides a full range of programs to people of all ages including children, adolescents, adults and seniors challenged by depression, substance abuse or serious mental illness. The hospital’s robust Clinical Research Program has conducted more than 250 clinical trials of investigational medications since its inception in 1963, providing new options and hope for people with mental illness.
Sharp Mesa Vista provides inpatient care and offers outpatient programs throughout the community
Essential physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County.
8-hour variable day shift, no weekends
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Education as required for Registered Dietitians (RD) under the guidelines of the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Current Registered Dietitian (RD) registration in good standing or registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Ability to work closely with an interdisciplinary treatment team
- Able to document clearly and precisely (documentation to include treatment plans,
- group notes, treatment updates and progress notes)
- Basic computer knowledge
- Excellent clinical and communication skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Two years of current Clinical Dietitian experience with eating disorder patients