Director Clinical Informatics
Job ID: 92366 Date posted: November 28, 2018
- Sharp HealthCare
- SHC Clinical Informatics
- Executive Jobs
- Day Job
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in areas such as electronic medical records, clinical documentation, computerized order entry, results reporting and other clinical technology.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft operating systems and office tools.
- Minimum of 3-5 years related management experience required.
- Must possess strong skills in project management, business and clinical process redesign, written and verbal communication, physician relations, and customer satisfaction.
- Operational experience as a Manager or Director in a health system is preferred.
- Works with IT, Clinical Staff and Physician Staff to insure that CIS/EMR implementations are optimized based on clinical workflow redesign, patient safety, and evidence-based medicine.
- Participate in the system meetings regularly as directed.
- Attends ISD Clinical Systems meetings
- Assists in identifying and resolving any barriers to the adoption of all clinical technology in clinical practice.
- Deploys plans and strategies for gaining physician and other healthcare providers' acceptance and ongoing use of CIS/EMR.
- Facilitates performance improvement through effective use of information technology.
- Designs, specifies, and helps implement CIS integration plans and strategies along with IS colleagues
- Deploys system specific training programs for information systems used by clinical staff
- Helps assess and recommend improvements to various business and clinical operations and work processes to drive clinical and operational performance excellence.
- Coordinates clinical change management and workflow optimization strategies
- Oversees with VP Clinical Informatics, the CMIO and entity informaticists, the prioritization of system enhancements and system configuration
- Actively participates in system user groups meetings to oversee and optimize clinical practice
- Completes special projects as assigned by VP Clinical Informatics
- Experienced with change management, project management and IS implementation experience.
- Decisive, flexible, problem solver and results oriented with the ability and desire to achieve goals quickly.
- Energetic, self-confident and persuasive.
- Proven leadership abilities and a comprehensive knowledge of healthcare information systems.
- Healthcare operations experience and the effective use of technology to improve patient care.
- Customer focused and service oriented.
- Proven management skills with a track record of mentoring and developing staff.
- Effective presenter, and educator.
- Comfortable presenting to senior management, physicians and all levels of staff.
- Experience leading advanced clinical information systems implementations.
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt required, Green Belt or Black Belt preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills.
“Sharp invests in the physical safety of its employees, unlike any other company I have worked with. They also are proactive in offering educational meetings that are relevant to the job we do. Management is fair and flexible with requested time off and there are plenty of opportunities to pick up extra shifts.”