Job ID: 109407 Date posted: April 21, 2021
- Sharp HealthCare
- Executive Jobs
- Day Job
Director Compensation – Sharp HealthCare
Director Compensationdirects the design, development, implementation, and communication of system wide compensation, performance management, and rewards/ recognition programs in line with the organization’s business goals and objectives. Ensures that compensation programs are in compliance with current regulations and competitive with relevant markets.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in compensation management in a large, complex organization.
- Experience working in health care and in particular, an integrated health care system is strongly preferred. Experience in a leadership role with responsibility for coaching, motivating, and inspiring a team to deliver exceptional results, develop knowledge and skills, and seek challenges and opportunities.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining partnerships with company executives, management and key stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resources, or related field required.
- Master’s degree (MBA or other) strongly preferred.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Compensation Program Development and Delivery
- Job Description Management System
- Market Pricing and Job Evaluation
- Performance Management System
- Management Incentive Plan
- Compliance and Reporting
- Communications and Education
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong working knowledge of base pay, incentive, rewards, recognition, and performance management programs and systems, and plan design and pricing methodologies.
- Strong working knowledge of compensation programs and plan design and pricing methodologies.
- Strong working knowledge of compensation administration, regulatory requirements, and necessary compliance and reporting activities.
- Ability to provide leadership in the ongoing design, development, administration, and communication of compensation and benefit programs.
- Ability to lead and successfully execute complex compensation, benefits, and performance management initiatives independently.
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to influence senior executives and all levels of management in a manner that is viewed as positive and non-directive.
All levels of management; entity human resources directors and staff; employees, former employees, family members, and retirees; various regulatory agencies; insurance carriers; third party administrators; and service providers.
Compensation and Benefits:
The position provides a very competitive compensation, including opportunity to participate in a management bonus incentive program along with a generous benefit package.
About Sharp HealthCare
Sharp HealthCare is a not-for-profit integrated regional health care delivery system based in San Diego, California. Sharp includes four acute care hospitals, three specialty hospitals, three affiliated medical groups, a health plan, plus a full spectrum of other facilities and services. Serving a population of approximately 3 million in San Diego County, Sharp has more than 19,000 employees and 3,000 affiliated physicians on medical staffs, and operates 1,850 beds.
The Sharp Experience is our unique, system wide commitment to transforming the health care experience in San Diego by becoming the best place to work, practice medicine and receive care.
Please note: Unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.
“Sharp HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.”
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”