Director EMR/Access/Health Information - Sharp Rees-Stealy (SRS) Relocation Assistance | Sign-on bonus eligible for non-Sharp employees
- Copley Drive
Shift Start Time:Variable
Shift End Time:Variable
Additional Shift Information:8 hour days
Weekend Requirements:As Needed
What You Will Do
To support the mission of Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group by providing leadership and oversight ot process improvement initiatives that integrates with the management of health information. To improve patient access to care by enhancing operational efficiency and linking workflow improvement sot quality outcomes. Provides leadership and project management for SRS initiatives related to Health Information Management, Information Technology, Patient access, and Electronic Health Records.
Plans, organizes and directs process analysis and redesign projects integrating Sharp Reese-Stealy with Sharp Healthcare, for the attainment of specific and quantifiable benefits from the EHR, health Information Management, and patient access initiatives. These may include but are not limited to productivity and cost improvement, patient flow improvement, operational and clinical process redesign, as well as clinical path and case management. Serves as a liaison between entities, MD community and the IS organization. Acts as a change agent for Health Information Technology and Patient Access initiatives. Ensure coordination of activities and communications between the system and SRS implementation teams, the process analysis and effective communication between Information Systems and entity executive teams. Manages personnel, fiscal and hardware resources.
- Master's Degree In applicable field such as Management Engineering, Business Administration, Nursing or Health Care Administration.
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) - Various-Employee provides certificate -REQUIRED
- 8 Years Experience in a health system that included supervisory or project management responsibilities in conjunction with process analysis and work re-design activities.
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) - The American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) -PREFERRED
- Certified in Healthcare Privacy and Security (CHPS) - The American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) -PREFERRED
Other Qualification Requirements
- CHDA or other HIM-related certifications preferred.
- Project Management
Defines scope, sets priorities, plans, and manages the implementation and support of EMR, Health Information Management, and Patient Access Process Redesign initiatives in coordination with the Sharp Rees-Stealy Project Steering Teams, Project Directors, SRS Executive Steering Committee, Implementation and Process Work Team, and Physician Council. Develops detailed project schedules, mapping dates and resources to tasks. Monitors progress and resolves approved deviations from plan.
Ensures compliance to principles and methodologies for process re-engineering, quality monitoring and change management including analytical design and data collection, process modeling, benchmarking, cost analysis and resource management.
Develops/supervises, hires, evaluates staff of, at least, ten individuals of implementation/training personnel.
Establishes a budget for manpower, hardware, physical building modifications, as well as developing a team of subject matter experts. Will oversee the operational implementation of process redesign.
- Team Leadership and Communications
Builds and leads teams through the process analysis and redesign. Provides effective ongoing leadership and motivation to ensure that project team is focused, committed and capable of producing expected results. Provides supervision and evaluation to direct reports working on project teams.
Thinks, plans, leads, reports and acts appropriately in both strategic and tactical settings. Demonstrates strong communication and human relationship throughout SRS, and across the SHARP system.
Documents, comprehensively, all fiscal and manpower utilization.
Prepares briefings/updates for three major implementation teams/boards as well as SRSMG and SRS executive steering committees.
Coordinate activities of three steering, operational, and implementation committees.
Effectively identifies and communicates key issues and concerns. Proactively develops options and recommendations.
Provide expert interpersonal communication that will enable agreement between all levels of SRSMG, SRS, and SHC staff, nursing and several ancillary service and executive leadership.
Provides project status and reporting to key project stakeholders.
Represents Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Centers in a professional and competent manner.
- Technical Administration
Demonstrates and applies principles and methodologies for process re-engineering, quality monitoring and change management by the attainment of specific goals and targets.
Facilitates the development of effective work processes and organizational and team structures.
Develop departmental/specialty specific targets and initiatives to support the attainment of organizational strategic goals. Integrates technologist innovations to improve efficiency and outcomes.
Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of content application of the various modules of designated software products employed in the supervised departments.
Demonstrates knowledge of purchased product and costs of modification/interfaces between current hardware/software products and new system.
Demonstrates functional knowledge of the vendor solutions.
- Customer Service
Provides effective customer service by being helpful, courteous and friendly toward others at all times. Acknowledges customers immediately in order to determine need and help the customer resolve issue or request.
Demonstrates superior working knowledge of the various practice habits of over 350 individual provider and practices and builds consensus so the needs of the SRSMG are met to the greatest extent possible.
Maintains active relationships with all customers by continuously assessing needs, preferences and levels of satisfaction with tasks.
Serves as the primary conduit for communication between Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group, and SRS division components and SHC IS.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to effectively work with Sharp management, staff, physicians, and contract personnel; to communicate clearly, concisely and accurately with people, verbally and in writing; to achieve results for the organization with and through people; to practice good time management, and to demonstrate good leadership skills. Ability to successfully manage multiple project teams using applied principles of project and team management.
- Knowledge of quantitative analysis principles and practices, including benchmarking, cost and benefits analysis. Knowledge of system thinking/flow charting/decision analysis, simulation modeling and project management. Thorough knowledge of the impact of process analysis and re-design methodologies, on the legal, ethical, managerial and organizational principles and standards for acute general hospitals and health systems in California is desirable.
- Advanced knowledge of database/database reporting systems (Access, SQL, Microsoft Report Studio, Oracle, Crystal Reports). Knowledge of software coding languages (Visual Basic, C++, ASP.Net, HTML).
- Knowledge of Health Information Management federal and state laws, coding and billing requirement, and an understanding of healthcare payor requirements (e.g. Pay-for-Performance, Accountable Care Organizations, Hierarchical Condition Categories).
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability or any other protected classPMI Project Management Professional (PMP) - Various-Employee provides certificate; Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) - The American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA); Master's Degree; Certified in Healthcare Privacy and Security (CHPS) - The American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
Want to know when new jobs are posted? Sign up for job alerts.
Set your parameters to automatically receive alerts when we post new jobs that fit your skills, interests and experience.
"After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it."
We are Sharp
Stay connected and join the career interest community
Want to stay informed about career opportunities and life at Sharp? Join our career interest community and receive information that matters to you.Join the community