Director Environmental Health/Workplace SafetySend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 76627 Date posted 10/12/2016
- Facility: Sharp HealthCare
- City: San Diego
- Department: HR Employee Safety
- Category: Executive Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
- Minimum of 5 years of managerial experience in Hospital Environment of Care, and employee safety.
- Incumbent must have excellent communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to work proactively and the ability to work proactively and effectively with regulatory agencies.
Sit: Up to 6 hours/day
Stand/Walk: 6-8 hours
Bend/Stoop: Up to 4 hours
Reach: Up to 6 hours
Rep Use of UE/Grasp: Up to 6 hours
Lift/Push/Pull: 50 lbs, over 50# with assistance or equipment
This job requires the ability to hear alarms, clients and/or instruction. The ability to see accurately from 20 inches to 20-ft. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function of this position.
Additional physical requirements may be discussed during the interview
- Develops, sets direction for the team and implements a system–wide Employee Safety strategy around injury prevention and mitigation of safety hazards.
- Leads safety team in the development of training program, procedures for root causation analysis, and incident investigation protocols and reviews implications to ensure compliance, as well as provide flexibility based on operational requirements.
- In conjunction with the safety team, oversees the control/elimination of hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee practices through safety plans and education of all supervisory personnel.
- Identifies target areas of opportunity for safety and health improvement in coordination with leadership.
- Develops broad-based goal oriented Safety & Health programs to mitigate risk based on trend analysis and audit results.
- Enhance and maintain a safety culture of through using tools such as behavior based safety to navigate to zero harm and zero defects.
- Evaluates implements and utilizes technology where appropriate to reduce risk of errors and improve Employee Safety.
- Integrate teamwork and communication of strategies to the EOC team including direct reports (Safety Officers) as well as indirect reports (Sodexo EVS, POM, GE, Security and IP) related to EOC/Employee Safety.
- Works with safety team to manage department equipment and oversee safety equipment testing and calibration, replacements as needed based on overall assessment.
- Is fully aware of Sharp HealthCare’s initiatives and goals and aligns EOC initiatives.
- Develops relationships with leaders and liaisons with key overlapping departments to manage the environmental care issues
- Assumes fiscal responsibility for the Safety department budget ensuring a strategic assessment and overall annual review is completed prior to open budget period. All variances accounted for.
- Stays current with emerging regulations and issues related to workplace safety and the environment of care, including new developments and regulations in the field of Safety and Health, and implements changes in the company’s employee safety and Environment of Care programs as needed
- Communicates safety initiatives and outcomes as well as the EOC findings, changes, and improvements to leadership at each entity.
- Manage safety staff in current roles working with the site administration to assist the safety team in meeting the site specific needs as well. Address team performance and performance expectations throughout the year and during review.
- Further develop Sr. Safety Management Officer Team in data analysis and critical thinking