Director Inpatient Operations - Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital
Job ID: 92823 Date posted: December 27, 2018
- Sharp Mesa Vista
- Nursing Administration
- Executive Jobs
- Day Job
- Minimum of 5 years management experience (or equivalent) is required.
- Requires seasoned professional skills and knowledge supplemented by applicable work experience in nursing services.
- Skilled at computer programs such as Excel, Power point, Word, and Outlook are fundamental.
- Accountable for demonstrating flexibility and exercising confidentiality of issues affecting business issues
- Exceptional oral and written skills are fundamental.
- Requires flexibility in dealing with ambiguity and can lead change.
- Exercises reliable judgement in business decisions and demonstrate competency in ability to critically analyze and problem-solve complex and global issues, as well as, manage solutions at a detailed level.
- Behavioral/Mental Health experience in an acute care setting.
- Process improvement and project management experience.
Supports and participates in the strategic planning process.
Determines direction, goals, and objectives for assigned areas and ensures implementation of strategic and operating plans.
Directs the development of short and long range plans and budgets.
Recommends and ensures development of overall organizational policies and objectives within functional areas and ensures implementation.
Ensures integration and system coordination of all aspects of the functional clinical areas occur as appropriate.
Manages contract services, and relationships relating to daily operations. Communicates and ensures that processes are developed and implemented to ensure that stakeholders/constituents’ needs are met.
Ensures organizational compliance with legislation and regulations as they impact assigned areas.
Ensures ongoing problem identification and problem solving for assigned areas and diffuses any critical issue through proactive and strategic decision making processes.
Ensures overall operations management including cost management, quality of services delivered employee and resource management and safe and efficient care is delivered.
Logistical management of all operational components to deliver of care and services.
Manages diverse group of multi-level employees.
Achieves financial outcomes and targets goals for system efficiency.
Directs a continuous quality performance improvement process.
Takes an active interest in and supports the growth and/or development of leadership and management skills of direct reports.
Participates in campus and system activities/meetings/projects, acting as a liaison and representative for Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital.
Executive leadership, medical directors, physicians, directors, managers, peers, professional and clinical staff, patients, and public/community constituents.
Compensation and Benefits:
The Director, Inpatient Operations position provides a very competitive compensation, including opportunity to participate in a management incentive program along with a generous benefit package.
“Sharp invests in the physical safety of its employees, unlike any other company I have worked with. They also are proactive in offering educational meetings that are relevant to the job we do. Management is fair and flexible with requested time off and there are plenty of opportunities to pick up extra shifts.”