Director Neuroscience Service LineJob ID 85343 Date posted 01/11/2018
- Facility: Sharp HealthCare
- City: San Diego
- Department: SHC Ortho/Neuro Svcs Line
- Category: Executive Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
Director, Neuroscience Service Line
Sharp System Services
The Director, Neuroscience Service Line provides leadership and direction and advises Sharp HealthCare through the VP, SVP’s, CEOs, and other appropriate administrators on long-range planning and leadership of Neuroscience including Joint Commission certified stroke programs. Utilizes an evidence-based approach to design innovative and fiscally responsible strategies to grow the Sharp HealthCare Neuroscience Service Line including the strategic planning and business development. Coordinates the integration of financial, clinical and quality aspects of care. Demonstrates exemplary leadership skills in Neuroscience by being identified as an expert within both Sharp HealthCare and the community.
Recommends and implements integrated neuroscience programs that provides safe, evidence-based, patient-centered, timely, efficient and equitable care and which ensures optimal patient outcomes.
Facilitates the collaboration of services utilizing a multidisciplinary plan to ensure the effective and efficient consumption of available health care resources while improving quality of care for patients across the continuum.
Develops collaborative relationships with medical directors, medical groups, and the community to enhance the image of Sharp HealthCare.
Provide and maintain effective communications with medical staff and all levels of executives, management and staff across the continuum of care.
Ensures the fulfillment of Sharp’s mission, vision, values, and strategic plan.
Evaluates and coordinates clinical research studies for the Neuroscience patient population in conjunction with the VP Ortho/Neuro Service and the Medical Directors.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Five (5) years minimum extensive applicable operations experience in neurology or neurosurgical with in depth focus on stroke care and management.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in health care organizations required.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ management experience preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in financial management and reimbursement issues highly preferred.
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing, Business, or Health-Related field with 5 years management, service line or program experience required.
- Master's degree required.
- Current California RN license if Registered Nurse.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Clinical outcome data analysis and statistical skills.
- Expert clinical practitioner in area of neuroscience care.
- Strategic and business planning skills.
- Computer skills and comfort with information technology.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Professional with demonstrated ability to facilitate and or lead large diverse, multidisciplinary teams, history of successful change implementation, demonstrated strong interpersonal communications skills, and ability to interact productively with varying levels of personnel and staff.
- Must be able to work under pressure, remain flexible with conflicting priorities, while still accomplishing goals through innovative implementation.
- Keeps current on matters relating to healthcare business management, neuroscience, performance improvement, and reimbursement.
Patients, families, physicians, interdisciplinary team, allied health professionals, peers and the public.
Compensation and Benefits:
The position provides a very competitive compensation, including opportunity to participate in a system-wide incentive program along with a generous benefit package.
Director Neuroscience Service Line
- Leads timely performance improvement activities to achieve optimal quality outcomes including the Outcome Science Stroke Registries.
- Provides oversight for the public reporting processes to meet the requirements of the EMS Core Measures, Joint Commission, County of San Diego, State of California and other regulatory systems.
- Maintains the Stroke Program Joint Commission certifications.
- Responsible for the strategic planning, statistical reporting, business development, marketing growth, and budgetary development for the neuroscience service line within Sharp HealthCare.
- Works with the Medical Directors to establish and implement a Sharp HealthCare system integrated stroke program with standardization of stroke protocols/guidelines, policies, procedures and power plans.
- Hold self and others accountable for the meeting of customer satisfaction goals for service line areas.
- Acknowledges dissatisfaction and follows through on agreements or actions.
- Aligns expectations with organizational vision and service-culture initiatives to achieve the goals defined by the system for patient/family services, physician satisfaction and employee satisfaction.
- Ensure neuroscience power plans are current and in line with national guidelines of care.
- Evaluates the organization’s progress toward benchmark goals.
- Identifies educational needs of both staff and physicians, develops and implements a system-wide educational plan for stroke programs and all other appropriate neuroscience populations.
- Represents Sharp HealthCare at and is an active participant at the San Diego County Stroke Consortium.
- Ensure efficient, economic, and high quality performance of assigned areas of responsibility to support or provide safe and high quality health care services.
- Occasionally does light work, lifting or carrying 20 pounds.
- Incumbent spends 6-8 hours per day sitting at desk or computer terminal.
- Incumbent spends 2-3 hours per day walking between hospital departments.
- Must have driver’s license or other means of transportation between hospitals.
- Uses telephones often. Must be able to hear and speak clearly by telephone.
- Ability to meet frequent deadlines and tight schedules.
- Position entails regular deadlines and management of staff.
About Sharp HealthCare ~
Sharp HealthCare is a not-for-profit integrated regional health care delivery system based in San Diego, California. Sharp includes four acute care hospitals, three specialty hospitals, two affiliated medical groups, a health plan, plus a full spectrum of other facilities and services. Serving a population of approximately 3 million in San Diego County, Sharp has more than 18,000 employees and 3,000 affiliated physicians on medical staffs, and operates 1,850 beds. The Sharp Experience is our unique, system wide commitment to transforming the health care experience in San Diego by becoming the best place to work, practice medicine and receive care.
Since 2001, our team has been on an exciting journey to transform the health care experience. We are passionate about providing health care the way it should be.
With exceptional skill. With advanced technology. And especially, with kindness and empathy toward our patients and their loved ones. It is going beyond caring for people to caring about people. This is the extraordinary level of care we call The Sharp Experience.
Encouraging everyone to find their passion and purpose is at the heart of The Sharp Experience. We are focused on providing an innovative and caring environment where employees are valued for the role they play in helping Sharp achieve its vision to be the best place to work, practice medicine and receive care. Become a part of our team and find out what it means to do what you love.
Additional Physical Requirements may be discussed during the interview
“Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.”
Keywords: Director, Neuroscience Service Line, Neuro Nurse jobs, Nurse Leadership jobs, Neuroscience Care Jobs, Stroke program, Executive Nurse jobs, Neuro Service Line jobs, Neuroscience jobs, Neurojobs, Sharp HealthCare jobs, Stroke prevention, Clinical Outcomes, San Diego County Stroke Consortium, San Diego Nurse Executive jobs, Clinical Service Lines jobs, Neurology jobs, SFN.org, eNeuro, Certified Neuroscience RN jobs, CNRN, SCRN,Googlejobs,