System Director Radiation & Laser Safety – Sharp System Services
The System Director Radiation & Laser Safety is responsible for overall management of long and short-term strategic planning for the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of Sharp Health Care’s Radiation and Laser Safety programs. Through strong leadership and in collaboration with system relationships, ensures the Radiation and Laser Safety programs are consistent across all entities; meets patient care and business needs as well as ensuring the organization’s compliance with regulatory agencies. This role oversees and directs all aspects of radiation safety, education, protocol and quality controls. Develops and recommends new programs and technologies in response to changing regulations. Position functions as the primary point of contact for inspectors and regulators related to Sharp Healthcare’s Radiation Safety program.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
Medical Physics and Radiation Safety
- Minimum of five (5) years of radiation safety program management is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years clinical experience in Radiology, Nuclear Medicine, and Radiation Oncology is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years laser safety program management is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years management level experience with responsibilities including but not limited to management of staff, budget and strategic initiatives.
Master’s Degree in related field required (such as Radiation Health Physics or Medical Physics)
Certified by one of the following: American Board of Radiology (ABR), American Board of Medical Physics (ABMP), or American Board of Health Physics (ABHP) is required.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of medical physics, medical radiation safety and medical laser safety.
- Critical thinking and excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage time and staff.
Compensation and Benefits:
The position provides a very competitive compensation, including opportunity to participate in a management incentive program along with a generous benefit package.
Sharp HealthCare employees, physicians, patients, and all customers of the organization.
Physical Requirements may be discussed during the interview
“Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.”