Director TransplantSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 76339 Date posted 09/29/2016
- Facility: Sharp Memorial Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: Transplant Administration
- Category: Executive Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
- Minimum of three years’ experience in Transplant Administration at a Kidney-Pancreas Transplant Center.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in transplant leadership role, demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills necessary to communicate, facilitate, and negotiate effectively with a wide variety of hospital personnel and outside agencies required.
- Creative and innovative skill set as it relates to performance improvement design.
- Extensive knowledge of Medicare Regulations and in utilization of the KACC.
- Competent with use of computers and MS office.
Adolescents, Adult, Elder, Physician, Employee, Management, Executives, Social Work Team, Family/Visitors, Other Healthcare Professionals and Business Partners
Compensation and Benefits:
The position provides a very competitive compensation, including opportunity to participate in an entity incentive program along with a generous benefit package.
- Develops and manages clinical operations, strategic planning, operational improvement, compliance, marketing, research, community relations, supervision and management of a Kidney-Pancreas transplant program.
- Oversees the preparation of operating and capital budgets for the transplant programs. Ensures the resolution of fiscal concerns, and monitors and responds to monthly budget reports. Prepares and assists with year-end capital and operational budgets. Directs Managed Care contracting information and works with physician leaders to ensure fiscal objectives and uses resources to develop and grow all programs.
- Develops and maintains cooperative working relationships with physicians, other medical center departments, community organizations, and other health care facilities in order to gather and exchange information, develop and implement solutions to problems and to ensure growth of the program in collaboration with other administrative leadership. Develop strategic and operational plan for assigned clinical program(s); communicate plans and continuously evaluate plans.
- Participates in ensuring departmental adherence to various regulatory and accreditation agencies. Ensures program practices are in compliance with regulations. Oversees quality improvement activities for assigned programs, encouraging participation of all levels of staff.
- Works closely with administrative and medical staff to assist in the development, implementation and administration of policies, procedures and projects to meet the agreed upon goals and objectives for assigned areas/program.
- Maintains adequate staffing, space and facilities, coordination of purchasing, maintenance and renovation activities for the operational areas. Determine and recommends necessary space, equipment, supplies and support systems to ensure effective functioning of assigned areas. Ensure safe environment of care for all staff, patients, and families.
- Understands cost containment, Government reimbursement for transplant including Medicare cost reporting, and managed care specialty contracting.
Incumbent spends up to 7 hours sitting; up to 6 hours repetitive use of hand(s), keyboarding, mousing and/or writing; up to 2 ½ hours grasping/handling; up to 90 minutes of neck flexion/extension; up to 30 minutes walking, standing; up to 5 minutes twisting (waist); bending (waist) squatting; pinching/fingering; pushing & pulling, reaching (above shoulder level).
“Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.”
Keywords: Director Transplant, Transplant Administrator, Kidney Transplant, Pancreas Transplant, Transplant Administration, Organ Transplant, Transplant jobs, Transplant careers, Magnet Hospital, Sharp Memorial Hospital, Sharp HealthCare jobs, NATCO