The Employee Assistance Program Counselor functions in a variety of roles as behavioral health expert providing brief counseling to employees and consulting and training services to Sharp work teams and leaders.
The Sharp Employee Assistance Program helps make Sharp the best place to work by providing counseling to employees and training and consultation to the organization in support of personal wellness, excellent work performance, and high employee satisfaction. The EAP counselor functions in a variety of roles as a behavioral health expert for clients and organizational consultant in the workplace.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Employee Assistance Program, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
Sharp HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
This position is located in San Diego County.
Per Diem position
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current California licensed LCSW, LMFT, or Ph.D.
- Masters degree in Social Work, Psychology, Marriage/Family Counseling
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in EAP
- Ability to provide psychosocial and substance abuse assessments for personal and work related problems, brief counseling, crisis intervention, workplace consultation skills, public speaking and training skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- CEAP (Certified Employee Assistance Professional) or CEAP eligible
- Five years experience in substance abuse assessment and mental health brief treatment