Job ID: 98408 Date posted: October 02, 2019
- Sharp HealthCare
- Employee Assistance Prgm
- Counseling Jobs
- Day Job
The EAP Counselor functions in a variety of roles as behavioral health expert providing brief counseling to employees and consulting and training services to Sharp work teams and leaders.
The Sharp EAP helps make Sharp the best place to work by providing counseling to employees and training and consultation to the organization in support of personal wellness, excellent work performance, and high employee satisfaction. The EAP counselor functions in a variety of roles as a behavioral health expert for clients and organizational consultant in the workplace.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
This position is located in San Diego County
9:00 am - 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday
This is a Full Time (1.0) Position: 80 hours per 2 week pay period
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Current unencumbered California LCSW, LMFT, or LCP licensure
- Masters degree in Social Work, Psychology or a related field
- Three years EAP experience (post licensure)
- Ability to provide psychosocial and substance abuse assessments for personal and work related problems, brief counseling, crisis intervention, workplace consultation skills, public speaking and training skills
- Knowledge of theories of human behavior, knowledge of and experience in the use of a variety of treatment modalities, knowledgeable in community resources; experienced with health plan benefits; basic knowledge of human resources practices and policies; excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; fluency in English.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- CEAP (Certified Employee Assistance Professional) or CEAP eligible
- Experience in substance abuse assessment, outpatient, and hospital treatment
Physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Counseling, psychology, social work, EAP, LCSW, LMFT, LCP, Psychologist, substance abuse assessments, employee assistance program
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”