Job ID: 105469 Date posted: October 13, 2020
- SRS Central San Diego Admin
- Clinical Technician Jobs
- Day Job
- Per Diem
The Echo Technician will be responsible for assisting physicians in completing and reviewing echocardiograms, and communicating clinical findings. We are a fast paced, detail oriented specialty clinic of 10 physicians and supporting clinical staff. We perform many cardiac procedures on site as well as patient intervention care.
This position will perform 2-D/M-Mode Echocardiography examinations and other related tests. Calculates and prepares tests for review with physicians and provides accurate preliminary technical reports
Position responsibilities will include:
- Selecting proper technical factors on an individual patient basis
- Initiating contrast protocol for suboptimal studies, and accurately performs technical tests in accordance with approved procedures.
- Generating preliminary reports to be given to Physician and accurate echocardiography transcription from physician worksheet.
- Assisting in Stress Echocardiography's as well as Echo Dopplers and positioning and transferring patients comfortably.
- Maintaining a variety of office support activities such as ordering and staff scheduling.
The Sharp Rees-Stealy Department of Cardiology consists of 8 providers on our staff to meet the needs of our patients and is located at 4 of our Sharp Rees-Stealy medical clinics in San Diego (Kearny Mesa, Chula Vista, Rancho Bernardo and La Mesa).
Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group is one of the largest, most comprehensive medical groups in San Diego County, with 22 locations offering services such as primary and specialty care, laboratory, physical therapy, radiology, pharmacy and urgent care.
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County. May be asked to work at other Sharp Rees-Stealy Cardiology locations.
- Education required to obtain ARDMS National Credential and RDCS
- One (1) year experience performing 2D/Doppler/M-Mode Echocardiograms
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in Stress Echo Treadmill testing
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Two years' CAA HEP or CMA program
Sharp HealthCare is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”