EEG TechnicianSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 77067 Date posted 11/01/2016
Requisition ID: 77067
- Facility: Sharp Memorial Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: Electroencephalography - EEG
- Category: Clinical Technician Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Per Diem position - Variable start and stop times of shift
Weekends as needed - On call Requirement
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Satisfactory completion of formal Neurodiagnostic training in an approved school and meet the requirements for registry ABRET
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Must be a certified EEG technologist
- Must be knowledgeable in recognition of EEG patterns in both adults and neonates.
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Effective interpersonal skills, both verbal and written required
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum one (1) year experience as a EEG/Neurodiagnostic Technologist in an Acute Care facility
The EEG Technologist shall perform neurology procedures and provide the technical knowledge, expertise and professional judgment required to support the mission and goal of Sharp HealthCare.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: EEG Technician, Neurodiagnostic, ABRET, Healthcare