This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County
8-hour shift: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, weekends as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate of a Nursing School/Program (RN)
- Current unencumbered CA Registered Nurse licensure
- Valid California Driver’s License and own transportation
- Three years of clinical bed side nursing experience in acute care environment
- Experience in pre-cepting and presenting educational materials
- Experience training clinical staff
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to engage students in a learning environment
- Strong knowledge of Cerner EMR, basic knowledge of IT principles and practices, and the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical users/clients
- Must be flexible and able to adapt quickly to new technology
- Due to accelerated timelines, must be able to collaborate with team members
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively work with Sharp management, staff, physicians, and contract personnel
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience training clinical staff on Cerner
- Leadership on committees or projects
- Experience in a classroom setting using multiple learning modalities for multi-ethnic adult learners
This position will support training, testing, ongoing support, and communication activities, as needed, for the Hospital Electronic Medical Record (EMR). Rounds at hospitals and provides support for end users and the Clinical Informaticists at each site. Creates training modules and materials. Assists in creating communication materials and coordinating various training activities. Sharp is implementing exciting Bar Coding initiatives over the next 1-2 years. This position offers excellent opportunities for experience in a wide range of EMR applications.
The EMR Training Department is an important part of Clinical Informatics at Sharp HealthCare. This is a system position, covering all Sharp Hospitals and all components of the EMR. This is a 4 person department creating the future by assisting in the optimization of the EMR.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
Physical Requirements may be discussed at the time of interview
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.
Keywords: EMR Clinical Trainer, Clinical Trainer, Clinical Educator, IT Clinical Trainer, Cerner, EMR, RN, Acute Care Nursing, Nursing Specialty jobs, Nursing jobs, Clinical Informatics, Healthcare jobs, San Diego jobs