Endoscopy TechnicianSend to my Email Email a friend Job ID 77348 Date posted 11/17/2016
Requisition ID: 77348
- Facility: Sharp Memorial Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: Endoscopy
- Category: Clinical Technician Jobs
- Job Status: Part-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 0.8
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
Send to my Email Email a friend
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
This position is eligible for Full Time benefits
Variable start and stop times of shift - Weekends as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of SGNA Associates program
- SGNA certified GI Technologist
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers
- Must possess a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills, the ability to perform in a fast-paced environment, and a positive attitude
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- One year current Endoscopy Tech experience
- Experience with ERCP and EUS procedures
This is a very fast paced unit with an emphasis on teamwork. Endoscopy Techs assists Physicians with a variety of procedures work collaboratively with department Registered Nurses.
This position is for the Endoscopy Center with Sharp Memorial Hospital and the Out Patient Pavilion. The Endoscopy Center is a CORE award winning team and is a fast paced and busy unit. The department integrates care with multidisciplinary team to facilitate patients’ access to needed resources from pre-admission to discharge.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Lifting up to 25 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Endoscopy Technician, Endoscopy, SGNA, Healthcare