Financial Decision Support AnalystJob ID 83988 Date posted 10/30/2017
- Facility: Sharp HealthCare
- City: San Diego
- Department: Finance
- Category: Finance Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 1.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in Kearny Mesa, San Diego County.
8-hour shift: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, weekends as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- BS in Business, Finance, Accounting, Accounting Information Systems (or similar information systems degrees) or Healthcare Management or equivalent finance experience in a healthcare environment
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and ability to learn new systems and provide appropriate technology support on those systems
- Basic understanding of Finance or Accounting
- Excellent organizational, communication (both written and oral), and customer service/interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with multiple and changing priorities
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of three (3) years healthcare experience
- Minimum of one (1) year of information systems, financial analysis, or Healthcare experience with Cost Accounting system experience
- Experience with RVUs, ICD-9 (ICD-10) codes, CPT codes, DRGs and product lines
- Solid understanding or experience with decision support systems, cost accounting principles, and accounting systems
- Knowledge of EPSi Decision Support system
Financial Decision Support Analyst work as a team member of Financial Decision Support, which is responsible for providing support for all functions necessary to implement, maintain and improve data integrity within the EPSi Financial Decision Support cost accounting and budget system. Works as a liaison between Finance departments and Information Technology departments, including system technology support and troubleshooting system issues. Validates all data within EPSi system and ensures timely availability of the decision support data. Participates in the implementation and dissemination of standardized cost accounting at Sharp with responsibility for the design and maintenance of an automated load process to enable RVU use. To create, modify, and perform data extracts for all customers on an as needed basis. Prepares relevant financial analyses.
The primary functions of the Corporate Finance department are to prepare monthly financial statements for Sharp HealthCare and its various entities, coordinate the preparation of Sharp’s annual operating budget, file cost reports, tax returns and various other reports with the appropriate regulatory agencies, and coordinate Sharp’s annual outside audit.
Sharp System Services have campuses located in the communities of Kearny Mesa and Serra Mesa and consist of the Spectrum location, the Ruffin Road location and Sharp Operations Center (SOC). These offices provide the centralized integrated system support services to the operating entities within the system. These services include: Strategic Planning, Business Development, Information Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk Management and Insurance, Contracts, Human Resources, Facilities Management and Development, Clinical Effectiveness, Finance, Nursing, Systems Supply Chain Services, Marketing and Communications, The Sharp Experience and Sharp University.
Essential Physical Requirements may be discussed at the time of interview
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Financial Decision Support Analyst, Sharp Jobs, Hospital Jobs, Finance Jobs, Accounting Jobs, HealthCare Jobs, Hospital Jobs, Cost Accounting Jobs, information systems jobs, San Diego Jobs