Grossing Assistant II
Job ID: 96047 Date posted: June 12, 2019
- Sharp HealthCare
- Copley Lab-Pathology
- Laboratory Jobs
- Day Job
- Meets qualifications as high complexity testing personnel under CLIA-88 regulations.
- An earned Associate Degree in Laboratory Science or Medical Laboratory Technology obtained from an accredited institution, OR
- Education/training equivalent to the above that includes at least 60 semester hours or equivalent from an accredited institution. This education must include 24 semester hours of medical technology courses, OR 24 semester hours of science courses that include 6 semester hours of chemistry, 6 semester hours of biology, and 12 semester hours of chemistry, biology or medical laboratory technology in any combination. In addition the individual must have laboratory training including either completion of a clinical laboratory training program approved or accredited by the ASHES, NAACLS, or other organization approved by HHS (note that this training may be included in the 60 semester hours listed above), OR at least 3 months documented laboratory training in each specialty in which the individual performs high complexity testing.
- Well-developed critical thinking skills
- Two years current laboratory grossing employment experience
- Grossing experience with level 1, 2A and 2B specimens
- Frozen section experience
- Medical/pathology terminology
- Basic computer knowledge
“After nearly 10 years of working here, it's still one of the hardest jobs I've ever loved. If you find a niche here, you'll be working with some of the smartest in the industry. This is where they'll respect you for thinking outside the box and kindness matters. They expect consistency and hard work, but pay you well to do it.”