Health Care AssistantJob ID 83725 Date posted 10/30/2017
- Facility: Sharp Memorial Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: Trauma/Neuro PCU (4W)
- Category: Nursing Assistant Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 0.9
- Shift Start: 7 AM
- Shift End Time: 7:30 PM
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Every other Weekend
Required Skills and Qualifications:
High school graduate or equivalent.
- One year's experience as Unit clerk/secretary.
- One year's experience nursing assistance.
- Competent with the English Language (written and spoken).
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in an acute care or geriatric setting.
The Health Care Assistant will provide nursing and administrative support in a Trauma/Neuro Progressive Care Unit.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence. Sharp Memorial is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Health Care Assistant, Nursing Assistant, NA, CNA, Unit Clerk