Health Care AssistantJob ID 84894 Date posted 12/15/2017
- Facility: Sharp Memorial Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: Medical PCU (5W)
- Category: Nursing Assistant Jobs
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Shift: Day Job
- FTE: 0.9
- Shift Start: 7 AM
- Shift End Time: 7:30 PM
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County
Full time; 7am to 7:30pm; every other weekends.
- One year's experience as Unit clerk/secretary.
- One year's experience nursing assistance.
- Competent with the English Language (written and spoken).
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Experience in an acute care or geriatric setting.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
The Health Care Assistant performs as the coordinator of communication for the unit and assumes primary responsibility for medical record management. Facilitates patient data management through transcription, order entry, and documentation. Supports best use of resources in management of equipment, supplies, and other department resources.
Facilitates patient data management through transcription, order entry, and documentation. Supports best use of resources in management of equipment, supplies, and other department resources.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient
rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and
consists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of
natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology
and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may includes
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Fine Manipulation / Pinching
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Reaching above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Keywords: Health Care Assistant, Nursing Assistant, NA, Cerfied Nursing Assistant, CNA