Health Care PartnerJob ID 85570 Date posted 01/19/2018
- Facility: Sharp Memorial Hospital
- City: San Diego
- Department: Emergency Department
- Category: Nursing Assistant Jobs
- Job Status: Per Diem
- Shift: Variable
- FTE: 0.0
- Shift Start: Variable
- Shift End Time: Variable
This position is located in Serra Mesa, San Diego County.
Variable Per Diem Position, 07-1930, 09-2130, 11-2330, 13-0130, 15-0330 or 19-0730
Minimum 4 weekday shifts per schedule and 2 weekend shifts per schedule
Required Skills and Qualifications
BLS for Health Care Provider required.
One year Nursing Assistant experience in an acute setting OR one year EMT experience required.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Nursing students with less than three semesters of Nursing School clinicals
- One year recent experience in a fast-paced, customer service oriented work environment.
- Completion of a Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, LVN course OR a minimum of one semester of Nursing School clinicals, OR Volunteer experience in the Emergency Department (over 100 hours).
- One year unit secretary experience preferred.
- CNA preferred.
Under supervision, this position supports patient care activities, management of equipment and supplies, clerical responsibilities and
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include
- Twisting (trunk and neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/extending (neck)
- Fine manipulation/pinching
- Reaching below/above shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting/rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Car transfers
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull over 100 pounds
- Carry up to 25 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Keywords: Health Care Partner - HCP, NA, Nursing Assistant, EMT, Emergency Medical Tech, Emergency, ED, ER